This is one of my go-to week night meals because it is just so darn easy PLUS this recipe makes 4 servings so it can easily be used as a lunch-time left-over meal too! WINNING! This delicious chicken satay has everything you need with protein, carbs, healthy fats and lots of veg making it really well-balanced meal! Throw everything in one pot, let cook for 20 mins and you've got a delicious meal to devour! Want to know what else I eat in a day? Watch my 'What I Eat In A Day' video here!
Time: Approx. 20 mins
Calories (per serve): 423
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 1pound (500grams) Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup broccolini
- 1 capsicum
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup carrot
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 1 ½ Tbs peanut butter (I use the brand Pic’s)
- 1 tbs honey
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 2 tbsp water
- To make the sauce, whisk together tamari, peanut butter, honey, sesame oil, and grated ginger in a small bowl. Add water to thin the sauce a little.
- Cook basmati rice as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, coat a large skillet with olive oil. Add chicken to pan, season with a little salt and pepper and sauté until lightly browned (approx. 4-5 minutes).
- Remove chicken from the plate and set aside.
- Add garlic, broccolini, snow peas, capsicum, carrot to the pan and sauté for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pan with green onions, incorporating everything together until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Finally, drizzle sauce into the pan and mix until well coated. Voila! Plate up and enjoy!